Year Round Beachfront Cottages on Crescent Beach, Lockeport Shelburne County, Nova Scotia
Ocean Mist Cottages boasts one of the best beachfront locations in all of Nova Scotia with six fully equipped, two bedroom, oceanfront units that promise to meet your every expectation. The tastefully decorated interiors of our beachfront cottages create a cozy atmosphere that is bound to please. You’ll find pine cathedral ceilings and locally crafted pine furniture with all the amenities required for a comfortable stay. Garden doors open to a spacious deck overlooking Crescent Beach where you're only a stones throw away from the Atlantic Ocean. Each of our cottages has a BBQ, picnic table, deck chairs and outside fire-pits.
Interested in peaceful walks on a fine white sand beach where the only sounds you'll hear are the rolling surf and the laughter of children? Spend your days lazing on famous Crescent Beach in Lockeport, Shelburne County, Nova Scotia or relaxing with a book on the deck of your cottage rental. This mile long white sand beach is never crowded yet provides endless hours of enjoyment for those who visit year after year....whether for an hour, a day or a week.
The picturesque island town of Lockeport is joined to the mainland by Crescent Beach and its causeway. It is renowned for its fine white sand beaches and friendly people. With a population of around 600, the community is rarely busy except during its summer festivals -The Shelburne County Lobster Festival, Lockeport Canada Day Celebrations , Harmony Bazaar - Festival of Women and Song and the Lockeport Sea Derby.
If you're tired of crowds, and longing for solitude with a little adventure, this is the place for you and your family. Come experience what so many others have grown to cherish.....life in the slow lane.
News & Updates
Availability - Nothing available until Saturday October 1st
- please email to be placed on our cancellation list
- next vacancy is week of Oct 1st to 8th in our chalet
- 3 days available October 2nd, 3rd and 4th in Carters Light Cottage
Summer Reservations - Please read below before emailing
- we typically rent by the week or longer in peak season ( late June to end of September )
- the middle three cottages are rented from Saturday to Saturday
- the chalet and two end cottages are rented from Sunday to Sunday
- pets are allowed in two specific units and fees apply
- 25% deposit required to secure booking ( partially non-refundable - see policies tab)
- maximum of 4 adults in any unit or a family of 6 including children
Portland to Yarmouth Ferry 2016 - The Cat has returned
According to the Province of Nova Scotia, Bay Ferries will operate a new version of The Cat high speed ferry for the 2016 season beginning in mid June
Please visit www.ferries.ca/thecat for more information